The online journal of August Hunicke

This blog is a way to share my thoughts and writings with others...

Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13th 2009 (Daytime)

I read Genesis, chapters, 20, 21, and 22.  There's some interesting stuff in there.  One thing I don't get, is how it goes from Sarah being all old and wrinkly in Gen. 18 ~~~>.....Gen 18:10 And He said, "I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son." (Sarah was listening in the tent door which was behind him.)  Gen 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing.

 ...To Abimelech trying to take her for himself in chapter 20...~~~~>Gen 20:2 Now Abraham said of Sarah his wife, "She is my sister." And Abimelech king of Gerar sent and took Sarah.

Is the time line out of sequence...or, was Abimelech attracted to old ladies...or, did he have some other reason to take Sarah?

Well enough about that.  Today I took my wife and son, Hezekiah, out to a job where I cut down a pine tree that had begun the process of tipping over.  It wouldn't have been much longer before the roots gave way and it hit my client's place.  Hezekiah brought his toy chainsaw and watched me with awe.  Here is a video and a few pictures...






No comments:

Post a Comment